ENDEAVOR: AGE OF SAIL — EURO STRATEGY GAMES
Endeavor: Age of Sail is a Euro strategy board game spanning the globe amidst a historical time of prosperity and domination (1571-1862). Competing naval fleets from Europe and the Mediterranean employ layered strategies across multiple rounds as they build the greatest empire bound for Glory.
A NEW VOYAGE BASED ON A CLASSIC AMONG COLONIZATION AND NAUTICAL GAMES
Endeavor: Age of Sail preserves everything about the original edition (by Carl De Visser and Jarratt Gray) that you may know and love. The satisfying pacing which begins briskly but grows richer and deeper with every turn, the always-interesting breadth of the choices available to you, that feeling of the world unfolding as the game progresses … it’s all still there. And it’s all driven by that surprisingly lean ruleset which draws its complexity from the interactions and tensions that it creates.
A handful of new player experiences await you in this second edition:
- Double-sided board accomodating different player counts
- Variable starting set ups with new buildings
- Exploits to enhance the mechanisms and story of the different regions
- Updated visuals by the original artist and graphic designer, Josh Cappel
Rarely will you find a euro game this thematic and mechanically synchronized. The new upgrades and additions make Endeavor: Age of Sail a must own that I believe will quickly climb the ranks of gaming greats.
Board Game Spotlight
BUILD YOUR EMPIRE THROUGH AREA CONTROL AND ENGINE BUILDING
Starting out from the crowded hub of Europe, you’ll balance domination of your homelands while sending ships to the closed regions of the world — in anticipation of seizing control upon their opening. Then, compete for success through mutliple strategies:
- Area control: Capture key cities and routes.
- Resource collection: Build your empire with the right assets.
- Engine-building: Construct buildings that power your strategies.
- Action management: Use your population and trade tokens wisely.
Five actions and five attributes intertwine for elegant gameplay:
After seven rounds, gameplay ends and you’ll be recognized and scored according to your Glory:
- Improvement of your four attributes (Industry, Culture, Wealth, and Influence)
- Occupation of cities and the links you control
- Glory symbols on your cards and buildings
- Special scoring from exploits
INSIDE THIS BOX OF TREASURE
CREATIVE CREWGame Design: Carl De Visser and Jarratt Gray Graphic Design: Joshua Cappel Illustration: Joshua Cappel, Leandro Oliveira & Vinicius Townsend 3D Modeling: Heriberto Valle Martinez Insert Design: Noah Adelman
RULE BOOKS FROM AROUND THE WORLD